Home Cooking, Easy cooking, Pie Recipe, baking
Home Make Lamb Shepherd Pie
For the Mashed Potatoes
|Russet Potatoes||1 KG|
|Cooking Cream||1/4 Cup|
|Fresh Milk||1/4 Cup|
|Butter salted||50 Gm|
|Salt Fine||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground White Pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice.
- Place potato in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes and then add the cooking cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Set a side
Lamb Pie Filling
|Minced Lamb Meat||500 Gm|
|Can whole Peeled Tomato||1 tin about 500gm|
|Yellow Onion||100 Gm|
|Fresh Tomato||300 Gm|
|Tomato Paste||30 Gm|
|Fresh herb Rosemary leaves||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh herb Thyme leaves||1/2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White Wine||100 Ml|
|Chicken seasoning Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Salt Fine||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground Back Pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
- Preheat the oven to 195 degree
- Chopped all vegetable and finely chopped the leek, celery, rosemary and thyme
- Heat up pan set over medium heat saute the tomato paste till lightly dry, set aside.
- Heat up a pot and set over medium high heat. Add in cooking oil once the oil shimmers , add in the chopped onion saute till soft add in chopped carrots saute just until they begin to take on color, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add in the finely chopped leek and celery saute till lightly brown add in the fresh chopped tomato saute for 3 min or to shimmers.
- Add in the minced lamb meat, salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 4 minutes. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, continuing to cook for another minute. Add in the tomato paste, chicken seasoning powder, rosemary, thyme and whole peeled tomato and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly 20 to 25 minutes or until the sauce is thickened slightly. set aside.
- Spread evenly into an ramekins baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, use a piping bag with a flower nozzle to pipe the potato starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent the mixture from bubbling up.
- Place on a parchment lined half sheet pan on the middle rack of the oven at 195 degree and bake for 25 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to brown. Remove to a cooling rack and rest for 5 minutes before serving.