Home Cooking, Easy recipe, Braised, Main Course
Spicy Lamb Shank, Braised with Asia Spices, Glaze
|Lamb Foreshank||6 pcs|
|Garlic Whole Peeled||150 Gm|
|Red Chilli||4 Nos|
|Red Chilli Pibi||3 pcs|
|Ginger slice to 1/4 inch thick||100 Gm|
|Carrots, cut into 1/4 inch rounds||2 Nos|
|Dried Bay Leaf||3 Pcs|
|Black Soy Sauce||1/2 Cup|
|Oyster Sauce||2 Cup|
|Onion Yellow Sliced||2 Nos|
|Cinnamon Stick||2 Pcs|
|Star Anise||4 Nos|
|Whole White pepper Corn||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice Cooking Wine||100 Ml|
|Salt fine||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly Ground Black Pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
- Heat oven to 185 degree.
- Sprinkle shanks with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sear shanks until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer shanks to plate
- Add onions, ginger carrots and garlic to pot and saute until golden brown, about 10 minutes.Transfer to a plate.
- Deglaze the pan rice cooking wine, add in oyster sauce and black soy sauce,bring to boil.
- In big oven proof pot, add in the sautéed root vegetable, seared lamb shank, red chilli whole, red chilli pibi whole, day leaf, clove, star anise, cinnamon stick and whole white pepper corn, pour in the rice cooking wine mixture and water cover to the top of the lamb shank.
- Cover with aluminum foil put in the oven at 185 degree for 3 hour take out from oven rest for 4 hour before open up the aluminum foil. Than carefully take out the lamb shank from the pot using tong.
- Pour the lamb shank sauce through the sieve to strain it of remaining solids.
- In a pot bring the lamb shank sauce to boil, lower down the heat to reduce until thickened, about 15 minutes. Spoon the glaze over shanks.
For the Mashed Potatoes
|Russet Potatoes||1 KG|
|Cooking Cream||1/4 Cup|
|Fresh Milk||1/4 Cup|
|Butter salted||50 Gm|
|Salt Fine||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground White Pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice.
- Place potato in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes and then add the cooking cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Set a side
|Baby Carrots||150 Gm|
|Yellow Zucchini||150 Gm|
|Fine Beans||100 Gm|
|Sugar white||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt Fine||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly Ground Black Pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
- Cut broccoli, cauliflower and yellow zucchini into bite size. Peel the baby carrots cut alway the end part of the fine beans. washed all vegetable.
- In a pot bring water to boil add in salt 1/2 teaspoon salt and blanch all vegetable to cook.
- Heat up a pan in medium-high heat add in the butter, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt once it shimmers add in the cooked vegetable and sautéed for 30 sec.