Flavour Local Curry Chicken is so popular because it is the most common curry that local families cook.
So it is one of the common everyday dish found in many households here.
Research has shown that curry could actually be good for you.
Most curries contain turmeric, cumin, allspice, cardamon, ginger and garlic – spices with strong anti-bacterial properties, easing arthritis and even protecting from Alzheimer’s.
Curry Chicken one of Singapore’s most iconic dish, there is Chinese, Muslim, Indian style of cooking.
And for Chinese style curry chicken is not so spicy, Muslim style is spicy and thick in gravy and Indian style taste more herb and spice in it.
Local Curry Chicken goes well with rice or toasted French loaf
Click page 2 for Curry Chicken recipe
Ingredients for the Curry Chicken
|Shallots peeled and washed||30 Gm|
|Garlic peeled and washed||5 cloves|
|Galangal (blue ginger) peeled, washed and sliced||20 Gm|
|Ginger peeled, washed and sliced||20 Gm|
|Ground turmeric||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried chilli soaked in warm water||30 Gm|
|Fresh red chilli seeded and sliced||6 Nos|
|Lemongrass use only the white part and sliced||2 Stalk|
|Roasted belacan (shrimp paste)||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking Oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Curry leaves||30 leaf|
|White pepper powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken wings||1 Kg|
|Salt Fine||4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||500 Ml|
|Potato local washed, peeled and Cut into quarter||6 Nos|
|Coriander leaves washed and finely chopped||1 stalk|
- Marinated the chicken wings with a teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder. for at least 2 hours.
- Use a food processor to blend shallots, garlic, candlenut, galangal, ginger, turmeric, chillies, lemongrass and belacan together to form a curry paste.
- In a wok add cooking oil, once it shimmers add blended paste and curry leaves together fry till fragrant.
- Stir in the marinated chicken wings to coat well with paste fry for 3 minutes.
- Add in 200ml coconut milk and water and bring to boil, lower down the heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place in the potatoes leaves to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add remaining 300ml coconut milk, salt and sugar and simmer for another 10 min. Adjust seasoning to taste according to your preference.
- Place curry chicken in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaf.
- Serve with the toasted french loaf or white rice.