|Fresh egg||5 Nos|
|caster sugar||250 Gm|
|Fresh Coconut Milk||300 Ml|
|pandan leaves||5 leaves|
- Wash and cut the pandan leaves to 2 cm long pieces.
- Pound the pandan leaves with a mortar and pestle and squeezed through a cheesecloth to obtain their natural essence.
- Use a whisking bowl, whisk the egg and the caster sugar together until sugar dissolves, add in coconut milk and 20ml pandan leave juice, whisk to mix well.
- Strain the egg-coconut milk mixture into a bowl that can fit onto a pot.
- In a big pot. bring water to boil, set up a double boiler or bain marie. Place the bowl on top the pot, lower down the heat to simmer,
- Stirring the mixture continuously. As the mixture cooks, it will thicken and become sticky.
- Keep stirring until kaya is at the desired consistency.
- Pour out the kaya, and set aside to cool completely.
- Once cool, store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
- Tip it can be kept in the refrigerate for a week.
For the soft-boiled egg
- Bring a pot of water to boil,
- Place 2 Egg ( room temperature ) into a bowl with lid, pour the boiling hot water into the bowl cover 1 inch above the egg, cover the lid and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Use a spoon to take out the egg, place under running water for 15 sec, crack open the egg into a saucer.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the soy sauce and pepper, sever immediately (Eat while the egg is warm)
Have Any Questions? Comment Below And I’ll Answer Them !!
I’m always online and checking for all new comments….
So if you need help to locate the places, or disagrees with any of my comments, feel free to comment and I will be back soon to answer them as soon as possible !!